Claire is a 34 year old mother who’s had rheumatoid arthritis for over a decade. In this video she shares her rocky experience getting a diagnosis. She and Cheryl discuss her up and down experiences with the medical system and explore how to reckon with a new vision for the future, with different hopes and dreams than one had had prior to their diagnosis. and her general experiences with the medical system.
Topics covered include:
1) (Minute 0:10: Introduction to Claire.
2) (Minute 0:44): Claire’s initial symptoms and difficulty getting diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.
3) (Minute 4:07) Difficulty being believed.
4) (Minute 6:09): Getting the official RA diagnosis.
5) (Minute 7:45): Confusion about the reality of the diagnosis.
6) (Minute 8:49): Accepting a new, different vision for the future due to her diagnosis.
This is part 2 of a 6 part interview.
Part 1 is about pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and parenting with arthritis: https://youtu.be/3iGnTduYW1Y
Part 3 is about how Rheumatoid Arthritis affects Mental Health and is available here: https://youtu.be/Nlu0O4Vrxrw
Part 4 is about how work life is affected by RA and is available here: https://youtu.be/HaAJdes7vkE
Part 5 is about how RA affects family, friendships and fatigue and is available here: https://youtu.be/aOcgjxt-lhU
Part 6 is about medications, advocacy and patient provider relationships: https://youtu.be/e6H7ScMUg-I
Also: for my free download of the top “6 Things I Wish I had Known when I was Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis,” click here: https://thoughtful-experimenter-636.ck.page/cef31c7495
Medical disclaimer: please see the text at the end of the video for the full medical disclaimer. This video is provided for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for advice from your medical provider.